[FM Discuss] State of the english Flossmanuals
Anna F J Morris
anna at phplist.com
Thu Jun 18 03:35:50 PDT 2015
On 17/06/15 22:56, andre wrote:
> It lends itself to a number of editing and publishing workflow, and organizational structure.
I wonder, do any of you feel that FM has a specific workflow? I have
written 3 (and a bit) books now, I worked with Mick on two of them, and
I feel that there is something really core to FM about workflow. Trying
to condense this might be helpful. From my perceptive the FM method:
* It's results in something quite linear
* The beginning should be super simple - an overview of basic
functionality, orientation style.
* The main chapters should be structured by day to day USE of software
and the building of skills, using real life examples often.
* We can assume that installation was done by someone else, esp if a
web-app, and put that at the end with advanced chapters.
* Not a single step should be skipped - every click needed should be noted
* The language should be relaxed, clear to second-language English
speakers (avoid metaphores)
Share the phpList love!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Discuss