[FM Discuss] new front page for FM

mick mick at flossmanuals.net
Fri Sep 30 03:23:27 PDT 2016

Hi there,

I've been talking about this on the FM admin but I want to cast the net
a bit wider.

I've been doing some work on a simple FM splash page to link to manuals
in the new repository.

It's a work in progress here
http://splash.flossmanuals.net/
and on gitlab here - https://gitlab.com/mickfuzz/fm_en_splash

I'm looking for help to finish the adding the text details and creating
images for the books too and advice on the following.

This is especially true if you are linked to a manual. What should the
short description, keywords and image be?

This page introduces a way of filtering manuals by broad category, and
beyond Video, Graphics and Audio, I'm not sure how to best categorise
the other manuals in a very simple way so that there is only a handful
of options. Any advice would be great! I'm thinking of resorting to big
catch alls like "Internet", or "Communication".

Just email back to the list with offers of help.

many thanks
Mick

Thanks
Mick