[FM Discuss] Form submission from: Get Involved Form

Mick mick at flossmanuals.net
Sat Feb 4 04:57:50 PST 2017

Hello Cathy,

I'm ccing the FM discuss list again in case anyone else want to know
about the mission of adding the remaining manuals to the new page at
http://flossmanuals.net.

Here's a summary of the process but feel free to email me with more
questions.

If you can see a manual in the archive page.
http://archive.flossmanuals.net that hasn't made it to the new one at
http://flossmanuals.net

Check is has been migrated and find out it's new address (many weren't
migrated for various reasons - found other homes etc)

https://ethercalc.org/k3idd5dtta

(substitute http://write.flossmanuals for http://floss.booktype.pro/ )

We need to add the data for the new pages to a file here.

https://gitlab.com/mickfuzz/fm_en_splash/blob/master/data/book_details.json

You can see the format is as follows

|{"title":"How to Bypass Internet Censorship", "category":"Internet",
"img_url":"index_fr_files/bypass_600.png", "description":"There is a
vast amount of energy, from commercial, non-profit..... ",
"read_link":"http://write.flossmanuals.net/bypassing-censorship",
"pdf_link":"http://archive.flossmanuals.net/_booki/bypassing-censorship/bypassing-censorship.pdf",
"epub_link":"http://archive.flossmanuals.net/_booki/bypassing-censorship/bypassing-censorship.epub",
"languages":[ {"name":"English",
"link":"http://write.flossmanuals.net/bypassing-censorship"},{"name":"دریافت‎",
"link":"http://archive.flossmanuals.net/bypassing-censorship-fa/"},{"name":"العربية",
"link":"http://archive.flossmanuals.net/bypassing-censorship-ar/"}],"keywords":[
{"name":"online-pad"},{"name":"realtime-editing"} ]},|

So the process involves the following

inputting the manual name and a short description of about 400 characters,

a default image of say "index_fr_files/flossman_blue_600.png"

and finding links for the online manual and the epubs and pdf files
(which are found at the old web page at say
|http://archive.flossmanuals.net/bypassing-censorship)|

adding any  translations that exist

choosing keywords,

I wouldn't worry about creating images unless you want to (I can send
you a template in inkscape if you like)

Hope that makes sense. I have been going down the archive page and I
think I am up to Linphone, but I know I have missed some too.

Do let me know if you have questions and thanks again for helping out.

If you know the git system you can do a pull request for the file here
with you additions.

https://gitlab.com/mickfuzz/fm_en_splash/blob/master/data/book_details.json

If not you can just email them too me.

Many thanks,