[FM Discuss] Form submission from: Get Involved Form

helen varley jamieson helen at creative-catalyst.com
Sat Feb 4 14:07:32 PST 2017

hi everyone,

great that things are happening :)

it would be good if there was somewhere online where this kind of info
could be accessible, like a manual for floss manuals ... is there such a
thing?

h : )

On 4/02/17 10:57 50PM, Mick wrote:

> Hello Cathy,
>

> I'm ccing the FM discuss list again in case anyone else want to know
> about the mission of adding the remaining manuals to the new page at
> http://flossmanuals.net.
>

> Here's a summary of the process but feel free to email me with more
> questions.
>

> If you can see a manual in the archive page.
> http://archive.flossmanuals.net that hasn't made it to the new one at
> http://flossmanuals.net
>

> Check is has been migrated and find out it's new address (many weren't
> migrated for various reasons - found other homes etc)
>

> https://ethercalc.org/k3idd5dtta
>
> (substitute http://write.flossmanuals for http://floss.booktype.pro/ )
>

> We need to add the data for the new pages to a file here.
>
> https://gitlab.com/mickfuzz/fm_en_splash/blob/master/data/book_details.json
>

> You can see the format is as follows
>
> |{"title":"How to Bypass Internet Censorship", "category":"Internet",
> "img_url":"index_fr_files/bypass_600.png", "description":"There is a
> vast amount of energy, from commercial, non-profit..... ",
> "read_link":"http://write.flossmanuals.net/bypassing-censorship",
> "pdf_link":"http://archive.flossmanuals.net/_booki/bypassing-censorship/bypassing-censorship.pdf",
> "epub_link":"http://archive.flossmanuals.net/_booki/bypassing-censorship/bypassing-censorship.epub",
> "languages":[ {"name":"English",
> "link":"http://write.flossmanuals.net/bypassing-censorship"},{"name":"دریافت‎",
> "link":"http://archive.flossmanuals.net/bypassing-censorship-fa/"},{"name":"العربية",
> "link":"http://archive.flossmanuals.net/bypassing-censorship-ar/"}],"keywords":[
> {"name":"online-pad"},{"name":"realtime-editing"} ]},|
>
> So the process involves the following
>

> inputting the manual name and a short description of about 400
> characters,
>
> a default image of say "index_fr_files/flossman_blue_600.png"
>
> and finding links for the online manual and the epubs and pdf files
> (which are found at the old web page at say
> |http://archive.flossmanuals.net/bypassing-censorship)|
>
> adding any  translations that exist
>
> choosing keywords,
>
> I wouldn't worry about creating images unless you want to (I can send
> you a template in inkscape if you like)
>
> Hope that makes sense. I have been going down the archive page and I
> think I am up to Linphone, but I know I have missed some too.
>

> Do let me know if you have questions and thanks again for helping out.
>

> If you know the git system you can do a pull request for the file here
> with you additions.
>
> https://gitlab.com/mickfuzz/fm_en_splash/blob/master/data/book_details.json
>

> If not you can just email them too me.
>

> Many thanks,
>
> Mick
>

> On 01/02/17 01:28, Xiong Ying wrote:
>>
>> Hi Mick,
>>

>> Thank you very much for your clear and detailed explaination! I
>> appreciate it very much! I think I would like to start with adding
> [...]

helen varley jamieson
helen at creative-catalyst.com <mailto:helen at creative-catalyst.com>
http://www.creative-catalyst.com
http://www.upstage.org.nz