[FM Discuss] Introducing Eileen

mick mick at flossmanuals.net
Sat Feb 11 06:18:30 PST 2017

Hi there Eileen,

Thanks for getting in touch with us via our volunteer page. It's great
you are thinking about writing or editing for our community. You can
create an editing account here.
http://write.flossmanuals.net/accounts/signin/?redirect=/

Feel free to have a browse of the manuals on the website to get an idea
of what is there. Feel free to pick a task either big or small and we
can support you to do it. The best way to get help is to join the email
list here and send and email here.

As many of our manuals were created by booksprints or as commissions
many of them are quite out of date. So picking one or two and seeing if
you can update them is a great mission.

Or maybe you know of a new free sofware tool that has come along
recently that needs a manual. I'd be interested to know if other people
on the email list have suggestions too?

I know that ethercalc and libreboard look quite good and we don't have
manuals on those yet.

We'd be really happy to try to give you credit for your volunteering on
our blog. It's not impossible that volunteering with us could help you
get other work if you put it on your resume. In anycase you can bask in
the kudos!

Many thanks
Mick