[FM Discuss] need a Mac user for some help with Audacity manual rewrite

Rosalind Lord rclord at seaserpent.com
Sat Jan 13 15:31:46 PST 2018

No problem. Thank you for your prompt review/feedback, Matt.

I wasn’t sure what yours or other people’s feelings were about Audacity 1.2.5; that was why I didn’t delete it. For all I knew, some people might still use it on older machines.

But I’ll be happy to take out the text "The latest stable version of Audacity for OS X can be downloaded from http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/mac.  The latest version at the time of writing this document is Audacity 1.2.5 (Intel) or Audacity 1.2.6a (PPC).” I’m glad you pointed this text out since I overlooked it.

You sound like you know a lot about Audacity; probably much more than I do. I’m also glad you mentioned that you removed Audacity 1.x references from other parts of this manual (from what I understand, it’s most of the rest of this manual, no?). I have not looked at much of the rest of this manual. But I will.

I’ll also be happy to delete and/or edit down the Audacity 1.2 section, since it looks like Audacity 2.2 is the version to emphasize.

I will keep you posted on all this.

Namaste,

- Rosalind

Check out Sea Serpent Design's cards and gifts <applewebdata://BBD20F9B-5200-4CCC-9B4B-B1BB6D1F0DEE/%E2%80%9Chttp://seaserpent.com/store%E2%80%9D>…