[FM Discuss] next steps on Audacity book

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed Jan 31 12:00:39 PST 2018

I made a minor edit in the Recording chapter: GIU > GUI.

I don't have a lot of experience with Audacity, but on Fedora
(PulseAudio) I find that either I need pavucontrol for setting up
recording of streaming sound (from Firefox for example) or it's much
easier with it.

Something else I've noted just by trying it is that if you save an .mp4
file using something like downloadhelper in Firefox, you can import
these into Audacity, where it only shows and plays the audio portion, of
course, then export as .mp3 if you just want the sound. This can be the
easiest way to get recordings, except when downloads are blocked, in
which case recording the streaming is the way to go.

Greg