[FM Discuss] next steps on Audacity book

M R matrobnew at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 31 12:26:40 PST 2018

Greg:

thanks for catching the GUI typo, that was probably me.

I've also noticed, I remember vaguely, that you can import MP4s in Audacity and it will treat them effectively as MP3s.  I don't think it says that in the official documentation though - or at least we'd need to find it first, before mentioning it in ours.  Just IMHO.

I've started getting used to ShotCut, an opensource video editor that inputs and outputs just about every file format known to humanity.  Maybe that needs to be the next Floss Manual, as their official site has extremely sparse documentation -- it's a really good tool, holding it's own easily with all the other (really good) free video editors out there, but it seems to be literally two guys in their spare time, and they have no time for documenting anything.  Audacity is now lavishly documented in comparison...

Matt