[FM Discuss] Introduction to the Command Line: authors wanted

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed Jun 13 07:08:46 PDT 2018

On 06/13/2018 09:53 AM, Andy Oram wrote:
> Thanks so much for checking the project out, Greg. If we have to
> increase the length a bit, we will. But I think we can take out some
> material that is less relevant today, or less of interest.

I think maybe a better approach might be to at first allow for some
lengthening, then later in the process edit it down as you compare
various parts. Personally, I think the little section on Python is
expendable, for example. Shell scripts are much more straightforward
than the ways you need to bend Python to use system commands.

There's also a bit of repetition with some commands.

Greg