[FM Discuss] Introduction to the Command Line: authors wanted

Andy Oram andyo at oreilly.com
Thu Jun 14 03:44:06 PDT 2018

I'm glad FLOSS Manuals has a wiki, Mick. But because the Free Software
Foundation already set up a wiki page for us, as I reported earlier in this
email thread, let's use that for the Introduction to the Command Line:

*https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Ittcl <https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Ittcl>*
Jaysinh, I greatly appreciate the thorough review of the book, and your
fixes. My understanding of the FLOSS Manuals process (which someone else
can comment on) is this: anyone can change the "write" online copy of the
book. The change doesn't go into the "read"  or print copy until it is
approved by someone who is given authority by FLOSS Manuals. Nobody has
taken on that authority so far. I personally can see that the $args bug you
pointed out is a real error, and probably your other fixes are correct too.
I think we were all waiting until we did an official revision of the book
before releasing fixes. But we have been waiting too long. I am willing to
try to commit the fixes to the "read" version over the next week.

I also added Jaysinh's euggestion for exercises to the FSF wiki.

Andy Oram  |  Editor
O'Reilly Media, Inc.  |  617-499-7479 |  oreilly.com

[image: oreilly_email_logo.png] <http://oreilly.com/>