[FM Discuss] New to FLOSS

M R matrobnew at hotmail.com
Sun May 6 13:38:39 PDT 2018

Mick:

Yes -- in a way I guess I've already written (in my last email) my own little chapter for the "How to pick a topic for your Floss manual" section of your summer Floss manual manual project.  It would be seem to be useful to include the personal on-boarding experiences of at least half a dozen different people, with you as the obvious coordinator and oldest old-timer.  I don't really have the summer break of a traditional academic schedule -- quite the opposite in fact -- but as I've said, I think I'd just contribute pretty much what I've already written, unless there's some obvious how-to detail I could include (like ancillary software for screenshots, etc).   It also seems now that the Shotcut people might be willing to officially adopt my manual for that, which will doubtless eat what bandwidth I have for a while but is also no doubt a success story in itself.

best,

Matt