[FM Discuss] New to FLOSS

helen varley jamieson helen at creative-catalyst.com
Mon May 7 03:45:19 PDT 2018

hi debbie & jacob,

great to see some more new people coming on board with energy &
enthusiasm :)

to introduce mysel, i've been involved in FM since long enough ago that
i can't remember exactly when. mainly because i'm one of the
artist-organisers of UpStage, a web-based platform for cyberformance
(live online performance), & we have had our user manual on FM for a
very long time. currently it's horribly out of date, largely because we
are in the process of a complete rebuild of the software. so at some
point in the hopefully-not-too-distant future, we will also be needing a
complete rewrite of the manual.

i have in the past been more active in the organisation of FM but lately
my focus has been on the rebuild of UpStage and numerous other project,
so i'm a bit out of touch with all the developments of the last few
years. i'm very happy to see new energy coming into the project.

helen : )