[FM Discuss] Update on FM write migration and request to help test manuals

M R matrobnew at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 24 13:49:36 PST 2019

[sorry -- last response was truncated]

Makes sense.  I wasn't familiar with Sigil; I see it is an open-source epub editor.  Cool.   The only ebook editor/author I've used is Kotobee Author, which is definitely not free -- and just fyi, the new Audacity manual epub export AND the new Shotcut epub export both won't load into Kotobee at all; message says file is corrupted.  However, not sure how much that tells us, since the old-version epub exports from Floss also get the same error msg in Kotobee (but  they work fine in the Adobe epub reader).  All this really says is that I'm not aware of a different tool besides Sigil that could help us.  But, as you suggest, it seems we're still not fully aware of the scope of the issue anyway, and meanwhile the new-version manuals all read fine online.

Matt