[FM Discuss] Update on FM write migration and request to help test manuals

Helen Varley Jamieson helen at creative-catalyst.com
Mon Jan 28 02:34:08 PST 2019

great, the changes i made are there. it's a little strange because when
i click on "publish", nothing actually happens on that page - there's no
confirmation message saying that the changes have been published. it
would be good to have something like that. & what's the difference
between publishing & exporting? if i export it, where does that file go?
i tried to export it as a screen pdf, but when i clicked on export,
nothing happened. if it did export, i don't know where it is.

h : )

On 28.01.19 09:23, Mick Chesterman wrote:

> Hi there Helen,
>

> It worked. Your updates are live. So that’s why there’s a new system
> in place for editing, you have to send out an invite code to people
> you want to edit.
>

> If you want to do major changes, then we’ll create a new version and
> swap them over when you are done.
>

> You can go here to try it out publishing to check you changes have taken.
>
> https://en.flossmanuals.net/upstage-v3-user-manual/_edit/#publish
>

> Thanks
>
> Mick
>

>     i tried to make some corrections in the UpStage manual, but i was
>     not able to save the page. do i need to save before publishing? &
>     what formats? is there a tutorial for this somewhere? apologies if
>     you have sent it through - i haven't been able to keep up with
>     emails while travelling these last 3 months.
>
>     h : )
>

> "Before acting on this email or opening any attachments you should
> read the Manchester Metropolitan University email disclaimer available
> on its website http://www.mmu.ac.uk/emaildisclaimer "

helen varley jamieson

helen at creative-catalyst.com <mailto:helen at creative-catalyst.com>
http://www.creative-catalyst.com