[FM Discuss] Introduction to the Community

Scott Wysocki scottwysocki at protonmail.com
Sun May 12 13:16:37 PDT 2019

Hi there. My name is Scott and I'm a new contributor. I'd like to begin by working on the Introduction to the Command Line book. I don't know much about the command line, but I've always wanted to learn. I also want to improve my ability to write manuals. I'm going to use the manual to learn the command line, and, while doing so, I'll proofread it. I'm a credentialed English teacher and have done college writing tutoring, so I know a decent amount about writing. At this point, proofreading is all I feel comfortable doing, so if no one objects, that's what I'll work on.

For those professional tech writers out there, I'd also love to have a mentor, so let me know if any of you would be willing to take me under your wing.

I'm looking forward to getting to know the community.

Thanks very much,

Scott Wysocki