[Booki-dev] Problems installing Booki on Fedora 11

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 07:29:44 PDT 2010

Aleksander,

I don't know that we'd actually use ORACLE here, but I wanted to try
it.  We have some executive blogs that use MySQL so I could probably
use Postgres here too.

I was able to get Booki up and running on Fedora 13 using sqlite3 at
the office.  Unfortunately, I can't connect to port 8000 from any
machine other than the one it's installed on.  I've disabled the
Fedora firewall and turned off SELinux and still no good.  The obvious
answer is to install on port 80 using WSGI, but the docs aren't
totally clear to me.  A well-commented sample .wsgi file would be a
worthy addition to the project.

The key line in that file would be this:

os.environ['DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE'] = 'mysite.settings'

I can't figure out what is supposed to go where 'mysite.settings' is.

Another issue I have is connecting to Git from the office.  We deal
with a proxy server and lots of firewalls here, so using git:// isn't
going to work for me.  If I could use http:// instead that would be a
great help.  What I ended up doing was downloading at home and burning
the directory to a CD.  That won't help me to get the latest code, of
course.

James Simmons