[Booki-dev] Problems installing Booki on Fedora 11

Aleksandar Erkalovic aerkalov at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 15:03:50 PDT 2010

Hi James,

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 5:28 PM, James Simmons <nicestep at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm running Booki from http://127.0.0.1:8000 by using manage.py
> runserver.  When I try to do an export Booki displays the progress
> bar, which goes all the way to the right and stops.  At that point the
> application is hung.  You can try refreshing the page, clicking on
> other links, etc. but until you kill manage.py runserver with Ctrl-C
> nothing will happen.

it is hard to know for sure, but this is only my guess. builtin in web server
can manage only one request at the time. so, when you click export
it send objavi request to fetch booki-zip file. objavi forks a process in the
background and downloads booki-zip file. what might be happening is, that
objavi never ends that request and that is what is freezing builtin web server
and booki.

try to do this again, and if booki is frozen again you should stop (or
restart) your
apache server. maybe better to stop it, to be 100% sure. and if booki becomes
responsive after that... well... we found where the problem is.

aco

--
 http://www.binarni.net/