[Booki-dev] PDF Export

Cedric Gémy cedric.gemy at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 06:34:43 PST 2011

lo

2011/12/13 Aleksandar Erkalovic <aerkalov at gmail.com>

> i am not objavi expert but i am looking at this issue at the moment.
> your notes in pdf are very helpful. did you use default CSS file or
> you used your own?

i used only default files. My purpose was to see what a normal user might
get.

> what options did you use for PDF files (except different size)?

different and one with greyscale export (objavi)

> and you are right... it is not always "press and print" moment, but
> one of the problems is
> because we are not using simple pdf creation process. we are using
> more complex process
> that is sometimes hard to control... anyhoo, now that i am full time
> working on booki will
> have time to work on this issues. i will just need more help from you
> guys when it comes to
> showing me errors in print process :)

of course, there are so many print processes that user experience is very
important. That's why i checked our PDF through standards that are the
simplest way to experiment without a real print job.
I have some good knowledge in PDF after years of teaching it and ways to
generate it. i can help a bit on this even if i'm not a dev.
May be i should have a look at the source code to see how it really works
(if i can understand it). What do you think about it?

--
Cédric Gémy
Formationlibre.org