[FM Discuss] screencasts....

adam hyde adam at flossmanuals.net
Fri Nov 30 02:00:20 PST 2007

ola,

After some discussion with the wonderful Marcel Mars from MAMA, I was
given some cause to re-think the use of screencasts in FM documentation.

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on screencasts? In particular
the use of ogg theora screencasts for showing basic procedures.

For example, if you could imagine a screencast of a chapter like this:
http://en.flossmanuals.net/Audacity/AddTrack

perhaps, linked at the top of the chapter saying 'show me' and then a
pop-up window would playback the ogg screencast....

i have been rethinking of this because it does seem that many people
enjoy learning basic procedures through video, and we have the tech
available so...any thoughts?

FLOSS Manuals

http://www.flossmanuals.net