[FM Discuss] books and fm - need your thoughts!

adam hyde adam at flossmanuals.net
Mon Jul 28 15:41:23 PDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-07-28 at 17:16 -0500, Joshua Facemyer wrote:
> Adam,
>
> A question I have is how possible book sales can help FM to not only
> stay in existence but also continue to develop to better support users'
> (writers') needs?  I personally would want some profit to go directly to
> FM from anything I was involved with if it will help FM to be the best
> it can be.

I think there are two issues here  (1) FM needs to consider its
financially subsistence - so we can grow and get better at what we do.
(2) enabling doc teams the opportunity to make their own books and sell
them is a good reason to use FM which in turn helps FM grow...

So to me, a mix of the two is interesting.

> The second question I have is whether we couldn't do something of a
> combination, such as 1&3.

We can mix it up anyway we want. What do you like about those options?

adam