[FM Discuss] the presentation

Andy Oram andyo at oreilly.com
Thu Aug 27 11:50:53 PDT 2009

Anne's reply helped me think of my own reply to the question from Adam: is it a radical change to remove attribution?

My answer goes back to the story I told: how I wrote an article without having my byline on it because I used my personal contacts to let the people I cared about know that I had written the article.

Someone writing for CiviCRM or Mozilla foundation might do it just to promote the project, but they very might well do what I did. They makes sure that certain people whom they want to please and impress know that they did this work.

Andy