[FM Discuss] O'Reilly and other conferences

Andy Oram andyo at oreilly.com
Thu Mar 26 16:49:41 PDT 2009

I actually don't know all our conferences. The Open Source convention is an obvious choice. The MySQL conference is popular and is also relevant because it's heavily oriented to open source. The main topics are databases, sysadmin, and scripting languages. As you know, Adam has attended TOC.

Emerging Technology might be relevant because the people there are interested in things that can change society in general.

I don't think we'd be interested in any of the Web conferences, which are either business-oriented or focused on corporate goals such as performance.

Andy