[FM Discuss] Modified PDF for MYOSA

Rebecca Hargrave Malamud webchick at invisible.net
Fri Aug 27 05:42:48 PDT 2010

Hello -

Christopher and were successful in our OBJAVI experiments yesterday
using the @font-face method and uploading the fonts to the Rural Design
Collective server. I was somewhat surprised that these free font
repositories don't allow linking to the actual free fonts especially
since there is a precedent for linking to Javascript libraries for
online display - that will prohibit use for many without their own
method to upload fonts.

So it looks like we will be using Booki after all! I am a little
concerned about the unsightly page breaks since there are so many screen
captures in the book. I know we would have more control if we use
PrinceXML rather than attempt to size images in FLOSS Manuals to get
better results (something no doubt James would not want us to do since
it would interfere with his output).

So we still have the illustrations to upload, plus some screen captures -
> i think actually its every free font in the world...

That would be impossible to do ... of course, I used to have a sticker

Rebecca Malamud