[FM Discuss] Modified PDF for MYOSA

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 07:15:37 PDT 2010

Rebecca,

What kind of page breaks are you seeing?  Are there images being split
across pages?  If there are I probably *should* resize them for better
results.  I use several full page images where a cropped image might
do just as well.  What I saw in MYOSA that I didn't care for was
section headings at the bottom of a page where the section began on
the following page.  Also, I had a table entry centered vertically
that split the word in half vertically on a page boundary.  I *think*
I got around that by aligning the text vertically.

I might be able to force a page break before a section begins using
styles.  I haven't tried it.

I'm not familiar with Prince XML.  If you want to consider the RDC
edition of the book a separate production from the FM edition so you
can use Prince XML I don't think anyone would mind.  You could even
put that edition on Lulu if you wanted to, I guess.  For myself, since
my book is endorsing Booki I'm going to prepare books for the FM book
shop only using FM tools.

James Simmons