[FM Discuss] django challenge

Lachlan Musicman datakid at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 17:14:05 PDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 22:27, adam <adam at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> i want to take the wordpress rss and format it nicely on the booki front
> page
>
> if someone knows which parsing modules for rss are available for django
> and how to implement this in a template then i think thats all that is
> required...i think its pretty straight forward but i dont know how

Ok, well the recommended app to use is feedjack, but I don't think
that's a good idea - it's incredibly complex and quite heavy for what
we want. Feedjack does look awesome, but its totally overkill for the
moment.

django-feedutil is a stripped back app that does exactly what we need
in two files (not including the empty __init.py__

http://code.google.com/p/django-feedutil/

I'll make an attempt to massage it into base.html today and let you know

cheers
L.