[FM Discuss] booki mobile makes its first trip

adam adam at xs4all.nl
Thu Nov 11 03:08:27 PST 2010

On Thu, 2010-11-11 at 05:42 -0500, John Rigdon wrote:
> I have a Canon printer that I never have been able to get to duplex
> properly.  It always prints the back page upside down.  If you get the
> problem resolved, please let me know.

i have found that the ubuntu drivers for the Samsung (2851 ND) printer I
have are wonky. Also the splix drivers. Both seem to give unpredictable
results. I got it working once then with the same settings it everything
off...hmmmmm...we need luka to hack us some better drivers ;)

> I have settled on the Brother lasers. I currently have 3.  It is best to
> plan on the same model so you don't have to keep up with different toner
> cartridges.  Any of the models with a "D" in the number will duplex.
>
> I have an Epson RX80 with continuous ink and I use refillable ink cartridges
> in the HP.  Both work well, but the continuous ink is better IMHO.

i found the ink costs are the biggest cost for the books. the refill
station up the road from em sells cartridges for 5000 pages for 30 euro
which is astonishing. if i can get this duplex working properly for a5
pages then it gets extremely cheap...

adam