[FM Discuss] Does FLOSS Manuals hurt other doc efforts?

Andy Oram andyo at oreilly.com
Wed Nov 17 16:33:39 PST 2010

We should encourage sites to work more eagerly with outsiders to produce
documentation by giving sites the idea of "promoting" documentation. If
somebody writes a cool blog or even a top-notch answer to a question on
a forum, we can encourage him or her to expand it and make it useful to
a more general audience. Small, quickly written documents can feed into
more planned documents. All documentation grows incrementally. This
doesn't rule out book sprints and other big investments too. But nobody
should turn down contributions from wherever they may come.

Andy