[FM Discuss] volunteer to translate to spanish

John Curwood marketing at lovinglearning.co.nz
Wed Feb 16 18:28:38 PST 2011

On 17/02/2011, at 11:16 AM, anacim wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I had written some days ago offering myself for translating as a
> volunteer from English to spanish some manuals useful for sugar
> users .
>
> I was guided by Cherlin and VXV and finished my first translation!!!
> http://objavi.flossmanuals.net/books/terminal1-
> en-2011.02.16-04.40.54.pdf
>
> There are still some things to do to this manual to say it is ready
> for use ( text translation is ready ).
> I need your advice to finish it completely:
>
> 1) I want to replace the screen shots that show Terminal Activity
> running in english, with new screen shots that show the same but in
> spanish.
> It is fine to do it?  Are there any formats fixed for images?

No worries changing the images. The requirements for images in
manuals is to use the png format and to have the width no greater
than 600px. Although I think now, if they are too big they get
automatically re-sized.

> pdf
>
> 2) When generating the pdf, I left blank all the isbn options an
> all that.
> I didn t even include my name as translator anywhere.
>  ¿What is what I should exactly do when it is 100% ready?
Just add in the options that you want.

> ¿Do i sign it somewhere?
The list of contributors should be automatically added, I'll have to
check up on this

> ¿Where do I see original chapter order to change it before making
> the?
to change thte chapter order go to terminal-1 editing page. Then
click and drag on the up/down arrows at the left of the chapter
titles to change chapter order.

> ¿How do I get it web-published for people to use it here at home?
You will have to check with Adam at the moment, I don't think the
HTML export function is fully automated at the moment.
  You could try going to http://objavi.flossmanuals.net/ select
"booki.flossmanuals.net as the server and then "terminal-1" as the
manual and then change Document type to "templated_html" and click on
the OBJAVI button. A link to the HTML manual is created in the objavi
website.

> Apart from that i want to
> 3) congratulate the authors of the english text( I found everything
> pretty explained )
> 4) say I found booki very simple and easy to use
> 5) i added myself, and the manual , to a group called español and I
> received valuable help from Edward Cherlin and VxV.
>

> I would like to finish this completely and start collaborating with
> Simmons book about How to Make Your Own Sugar Activities , ( just
> in chapters that are still machine translated )
>
> please, let me know how to continue.

I'll have to get back to you later on for this last bit, I've run out
of time right now but will reply later today.

Cheers,

John