[FM Discuss] old missing links on flossmanuals and the future

Daniel James daniel.james at sourcefabric.org
Mon Nov 21 03:15:37 PST 2011

Hi Mick,

> I'm working a collective to create a booklet on activist security, and
> we the link that we had no longer work.

What URL was that? There may be a case for putting in some redirects.

> For the next version, should we create our own redirects on our own
> site, or can we get some kind of commitment that current URLs won't change.

My tip would be not to use chapter numbers in chapter URLs, as these
change whenever chapters are re-ordered. If you use the newer 'get booki
gears' plugin to export to flossmanuals.net, you don't get the chapter
numbers in the public URLs.

Cheers!

Daniel