[FM Discuss] fm inspires occupy to make a book

Daniel James daniel.james at sourcefabric.org
Mon Jun 25 03:15:50 PDT 2012

Hi a.l.e,

> i don't want to create a flossmanuals community nor want to care
> about a server setup and maintainance. my concern is really only
> getting free documentation for some projects i care for.

In that case, you can just use an account on booki.flossmanuals.net, you
don't need to write in English to use it. Perhaps you could look into
user interface localization for Booktype (i.e. users setting a
preference for Italian when they sign up on the Booktype server).

> p.s.: having a booktype in pure php would have helped spreading it
> on multiple servers... python is a much nicer language, but it has a
> higher entry point...

It might be easier to install via FTP on cheap shared hosting as a pure
PHP application, but if you are going to host a really useful instance
you need shell access anyway, so you can do your sysadmin tasks.

Cheers!

Daniel