[FM Discuss] a crazy moment pondering a manifesto

Chris Hofmann chofmann at mozilla.com
Fri Jun 29 08:47:05 PDT 2012

On 6/29/12 7:58 AM, James Simmons wrote:
 > what is the difference between a manifesto
> is it that manifesto sounds cooler than mission statement?

There is probably a lot to this, but also some substance as well; as
other have mentioned.

Manifestos are often associated with people that want to revolutionize
things.

Mission Statements just describe what a group does, and maybe how they
want to evolved things, or more subtly differentiate their group from
others that do the same thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manifesto
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mission_statement

I think what FM is trying to achieve is revolutionary, so it makes sense
to have a manifesto.

I don't know that all mission statements are crap, but I like that idea
that a manifesto tries to persuade others.

-chofmann