[FM Discuss] [Admin] Omnibook & Flossmanuals SEO

mick at flossmanuals.net mick at flossmanuals.net
Thu Mar 22 15:12:47 PDT 2018

On 22/03/18 17:37, M R wrote:

> Hi Mick et al:
>

> I think I missed out on some crucial earlier bit of this discussion --
> what is driving the url change in the first place?   Are we upgrading
> to the newer version of BookType?  Is this 'Omnibook'?

Yes sorry , here's some context.

<mailto:mick at flossmanuals.net> <mick at flossmanuals.net
<mailto:mick at flossmanuals.net>>:
Hi there,

I had a good chat with Sourcefabric / Booktype people last week about
getting FM upgraded to the latest version of Booktype.

So rather than having a more costly interface, the book type people are
suggesting using their platform at omnibook.pro <http://omnibook.pro>.
And it so this would
mean losing keeping flossmanuals.net <http://flossmanuals.net> in the URL

After a quick think about this. I'm fine with it as a writing platform.
But it's not ideal to point people there as a reading platform. But
there are options for getting around that in the future by using their
html export of books and theming that.

> Matt
>

> Oh, Mick, separate topic: have you had any chance to look at that
> Shotcut manual, to see if we can't tie that up for now (essentially
> publish it as -is, with the understanding that it's 'open')?

Yes, will do!

could you have a look at this chapter to see how much if this you would
be able to do?

http://write.flossmanuals.net/floss-manuals-workflow/how-do-i-make-an-updated-version-of-a-manual/

Thanks
mick