[FM Discuss] Discuss Digest, Vol 28, Issue 41

Maria Inmaculada de la Torre idelatorreie at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 11:38:06 PDT 2009

I have not worked yet with the web interface but I've taken a look at it and
checked how it worked and it looks like a WYSIWYG interface so I don't think
I'll have too many problems with but this weekend, as I start with the
translation, will be the real test for me with it.

I have already checked the web and Audacity.es is already there, thanks a
million it's been very fast (I wasn't expecting anything before the weekend
or next week). Many thanks Cara.

I have a question refering other manuals are being translated to Spanish.
How do I know which ones are finished with the translation and can be
published? And can I translate parts of the ones in process or do I need to
ask someone in charge of them?

Many thanks Vlax for any help with the translations.

About the term "Maraton". In Spanish, at least Spanish from Spain the term
is used when you're crunching lots of stuff in a short period of time like
for instance those programs in Christmas that try to get donations for
charity or in other moments. You get lots of stuff done in a short period of
time. But this like everything depends of the place in Latinamerica this
could sound ridiculous and they might have other ways of expressing that
meaning. This is the kind of thing that could give troubles because of
regional differences in the language. So I can't suggest the term out of
Spain, even though that use of the term is perfectly right and in the
Dictionary